Surah Nas ( Arabic: سورة الناس ) is a Makki surah, and it was said that it is a median one, from al-Mufassal. The number of surah al nas verses is 6 and its arrangement is 114, and it is the last among the surahs of the Qur’an in the thirtieth part, It was revealed after Surah Al-Falaq,
which is the twenty-first surah according to the order of revelation “for those who are likely to be Makkain.”, and the Messenger, may Allah prayers and peace be upon him, recited Surah Naas for the first time when he was exposed to magic at the hands of the Jews, as mentioned in some narrations, as this incident was an occasion for the revelation of al naas surah in order to protect the Messenger from envy and magic.
What does Surah Nas mean?
The content of Naas surah is Allah’s command to the Prophet Muhammad to seek refuge in Allah, his Lord, from the evil of the obsessive one who tries to corrupt people’s work, corrupt his guidance, and throw people away from his call.
The order of Sura Naas in the Qur’an is Surah No. 114 and the last, and Surat Al-Falaq came before it.
In this regard, Jalal al-Din al-Suyuti says: “I presented al-Falaq to the people – even if it was shorter than it – because its syllable in weight fits into the syllables of sincerity with the syllable of Tibet.” Fakhr al-Din al-Razi commented on the occasion of the surah with the preceding surahs, saying: “He began by mentioning the attributes of Allah, and explained his majesty in Surat Al-Ikhlas, then followed it by mentioning the ranks of His creatures in Al-Falaq.
Then he concluded by mentioning the ranks of the human soul in “the people,” and at that, he concluded the book. Then he detailed that after detailing Surat Al-Falaq.
And said: “Then, there is nothing left of the lower things after this rank except the human soul, which is the one who seeks refuge from it, so he does not seek refuge from it, so it is not a crime to cut this surah, and he mentioned after that in Surah nass the ranks and degrees of the human soul.”
Read Surah Al Nas
where was surah al nas revealed?
Scholars differed as to whether Suratul nas was revealed in Makkah or Madinah. Where a group of them went on to say that it is civil like Surat Al-Falaq that precedes it in terms of the order of the Qur’an.
From this saying went Abd Allah bin Abbas, may Allah be pleased with him, while another group believes that Surah Nas is Makkian and not Adani, and he said this from the people of knowledge Qatada.
when was surah Nas revealed?
Surah al nas was revealed in the seventh year of the Prophet’s mission, may Allah bless him and grant him peace.
why was surah Nas revealed?
Al-Wahidi quoted some of the people of interpretation; That was the reason for the revelation of Surah Naas; What was from Labid bin Al-A’sam in his sorcery of the Prophet – may Allah prayers and peace be upon him.
But there is nothing in the books of the Sahih that shows that it was revealed because of that, and it was said that the Quraish chose a number of their men who are famous for eye injuries.
To the injury of the Prophet – may Allah bless him and grant him peace – with his eye; Then Allah, the Highest, sent down the two exhortations to him to seek refuge with them from them.
The purpose of the revelation of al naas surah is; Ruqyah of the Prophet – may Allah’s prayers and peace be upon him-, and it was narrated from Imam Al-Suyuti about the reason for its revelation; That the Jews did something for the Prophet – may Allah prayers and peace be upon him.
And he suffered severe pain from that, so Gabriel – peace be upon him – descended upon him with the two refugees and sought refuge with them. And peace – after the Jews had incited him to do so, so Gabriel – peace be upon him – came down with the two Muawwidha.
What is the main theme of Surah Nas?
Naas surah has many different and varied meanings, which can be summarized through the following points:
- Sura naas includes an affirmation of the oneness of Allah Almighty, He is the One and Only Lord, who has no partner in the kingdom.
- Allah, Glory be to Him, is the Lord of people, their Creator, their King, their Provider, and the Ruler in all their affairs, Glory be to Him. And Allah Almighty honored the people by mentioning them in His saying: “Say, I seek refuge in the Lord of people.” This is a form of honoring them above all creatures
- And since Allah Almighty is our Lord, our Allah, our Master, and the Controller of our affairs. Therefore, if any evil touches us, we seek refuge in Him, Glory be to Him, and do not seek refuge with anyone else, for He alone is able to protect us from all evils.
- Allah is the King alone and is independent of His creation. He executes His command on whomever He wills of His creation. Therefore, in Surah nass, Allah explained to us how to seek refuge in Him from all evils.
- suratul nas includes seeking refuge from the demons of mankind and the jinn, as the demons of the jinn cast whisper into the chest of a person and urge him to commit disobedience and sins.
- As for human demons, they are the ones who prepare the way for man and guide him to fall into sins and disobedience. Therefore, Surah Nas is one of the surahs that have great benefits.
- Surah al nas includes seeking refuge from the evils of mankind and the jinn that cause a person to commit evil deeds and disturb his life.
There is no one to seek protection and refuge for man from all these evils except Allah Almighty.
What does surah Naas protect you from?
One of the virtues of Surah Naas is that it is a ruqyah for those who read it, as the Messenger – may Allah prayers and peace be upon him – used to recite Surah Al-Falaq and Sura naas and promote himself with them.
It was reported on the authority of Aisha, on the authority of the Prophet – may Allah prayers and peace be upon him -: “If he complained, he would recite the two Mu’awwidhatayn over himself and breathe.
Among the merits of al naas surah is that whoever recites it and Surat Al-Falaq in one night has sufficed him. Because it contains an incantation from the demons of mankind and the jinn.
And it is desirable to read it three times in the morning and three times in the evening, and to read it during the night and when the sick, as it is desirable to enchant children with it, and the enchanted.
is surah naas makki or madani
Qatada went to the fact that naas surah is a Makkain surah, and it was said that it is madani one; Because it was revealed with Surat Al-Falaq when the Prophet – may Allah prayers and peace be upon him – was bewitched by the Jews, so the scholars’ opinions varied as to the place of its revelation.
It was said: It is Makkain, and it was said: It is Medinan. Ibn Abbas and Qatadah held that it is a madani surah, and Al-Alusi said: This saying is correct.
Because it was revealed about the magic of the Prophet – may Allah bless him and grant him peace – and he had been bewitched in Medina, as stated in the books of As-Sahih, and in another narration from Qatadah that it was a Makkin.
benefits of Surah Naas
There are many hadiths of the Prophet regarding the merit of Suratul nas such as:
- the Prophet used to recite these two spells when he went to bed, blow his hands, wipe with them whatever comes before and manage from his body, and order their reading after each prayer.
- The Prophet also urged us to read them three times in the morning and evening with Surat Al-Ikhlas and that their reading It suffices a person from everything:
On the authority of Uqbah bin Aamer, he said: “While I was driving the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, in a dig from that veil, he said to me: O Uqbah, what? He said: So I made the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) delayed to get on his chariot, then he said: “O ‘Uqib, will you not ride?”He said:
So I favored to be disobedience, he said: The Messenger of Allah ﷺ and I installed it, then he installed, then he said:I said: Yes, O Messenger of Allah. He said: So recite to me: “Say: I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak” and “Say: I seek refuge in the Lord of people.”Then the prayer was established
So the Messenger of Allah, peace, and blessings be upon him, came and recited them, then he passed by me and said: “How did you see me? Read them whenever you sleep and whenever you get up.”
- And Muslim bin Al-Hajjaj narrated in his Sahih on the authority of Qais bin Abi Hazim, on the authority of Uqbah bin Aamer, who said: The Messenger of Allah, peace, and blessings be upon him, said: “Have you not seen verses that were revealed tonight, the like of which was never seen?” ».
- And on the authority of Abdullah bin Khubayb, he said: “We have come out on a night and a hard injustice. I said: What should I say? He said: Say, “Say: He is Allah, One.”
- And on the authority of Uqbah bin Amir, he said: “The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, commanded me to recite the female mu’awwidat after every prayer.”
- On the authority of Aisha bint Abi Bakr, she said: “Whenever he complained, he would recite to himself with exhortations and bleed. She said, when his pain intensified, I would read to him, and I would wipe him with his right hand, hoping for a blessing.
- On the authority of Ibn Abss al-Juhani, on the authority of the Prophet, he said: “Oh Ibn Abees, shall I not tell you of the best of what those who seek refuge seek refuge with? He said: Yes, O Messenger of Allah, he said: Say I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak, and say I seek refuge in the Lord of people with these two Surahs.
- And on the authority of Abu Saeed Al -Khudri: “The Messenger of Allah ﷺ was the eyes of the eyes and the eyes of the human being, and when the mourning came down.”
- Based on these hadiths, the scholars have recommended reading Al-Ikhlas, Al-Falaq and Al-Nas three times after the Fajr and Maghrib prayers, and they are the morning and evening prayers.
And it came in the fatwas of the Standing Committee: “The recitation of Surah Al-Ikhlas and Al-Mu’awwidhatayn is reported in the direction of every prayer, as Abu Dawood narrated in his Sunan on the authority of Uqbah bin Amir who said:
“The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, commanded me to recite with Al-Mu’awwidhatayn after every prayer.” And in the narration of Al-Tirmidhi: “With Al-Tirmidhi” instead of Al-Ma’widhaat. .
- It should be read: “Say, He is Allah, the One,” and “Say: I seek refuge in the Lord of dawn,” and “Say, “I seek refuge in the Lord of people.” Arrange every prayer, and it should be repeated three times after the dawn and sunset prayers so that each person reads it alone as much as he hears himself.”
- The scholars infer that they are sufficient from all evil. Al-Tibi said: “It means that you will repel all evil from you, so it is extra in affirmation to the doctrine of a group and to the doctrine of the public as well, because it suffices you to include the negation, as he knows from its interpretation that it will be repelled.
what are surah falaq and surah naas called
The Prophet Muhammad named Surah Nas with “Say, I seek refuge in the Lord of the people.” It and Surat Al-Falaq are called “Al-Mu’awwidhatayn,” because they begin with the phrase “Say I seek refuge.”
Abu Dawud, al-Tirmidhi, and Ahmad ibn Hanbal narrated on the authority of Uqbah ibn Aamir who said: The Messenger of Allah commanded me to recite al-Mu’awwidhatayn, that is: the verses of the two surahs.
And in narration with al-Mu’awwidhatayn in the aftermath of each prayer, none of the commentators mentioned that one of them is called al-Mu’awwidhatayn individuals.
And Ibn Attia al-Andalusi called it in his “Al-Muharrar al-Wajeez fi Tafsir al-Kitab al-Aziz” Surat al-Mu’awdah al-Thani, and Abu Issa Muhammad al-Tirmidhi titled them in his Sunan al-Mu’awwadhatayn.
Moreover, Muhammad ibn Ismail al-Bukhari titled it in his “Sahih” “Surat Say I seek refuge in the Lord of people” and named it in the Qur’an and books Interpretation “Surah al nas“
To summarise, Sura naas was revealed to treat the Prophet – may Allah’s prayers and peace be upon him – from magic, and he used to seek refuge with it along with Surat Al-Falaq, and Surah nass is the last surah in the order of the Qur’an. On the authority of the Messenger, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, about the merits of suratul nas.
Do you want your kids to learn more about Online Quran Classes? Sign up for Top Quran Classes in the Islamic academy online with the Online Quran Classes program and watch them dive deeper into the Quran science and learn the Holy Book of Allah.
Top Quran Classes are online Quran classes for kids, Islamic studies for kids, and let your children learn the accurate Quran recitation and word pronunciation even if Arabic is not their first language.
Online Quran tuition learning can be challenging if you’re seeking it for your kids.
Top Quran Classes offers you a wide variety of topics to teach your children online.
Top Quran Classes experienced live tutor ( best quran teachers , male Quran teacher & online female Quran tutor ). They have many years of experience in Teaching Arabic online and the Quran online to non-Arabic speakers.
Top Quran Classes has your back with professional Quran tutors who are willing to go further with your kids’ education. With an attractive interface and well-structured lessons,
Top Quran Classes give you and your children the chance to learn with holyquranclasses who are going to be your kids’ new friends, accompanying them in their learning process and encouraging them to learn more.