Surah Mutaffifin (Arabic: سورة المطففين ) is one of the Quran’s chapters that focuses significantly on Qiyamah, one of Islam’s central doctrines, and provides insight into the many occurrences and results of various types of individuals on that day.
Surah Mutaffifin is one of the numerous chapters in the Quran’s 30th section that speaks of the Day of Judgement, and it delves into important topics such as believers’ and disbelievers’ books of deeds, defrauders and their punishment, and the opportunity for believers to repay disbelievers on that Day for all the grievances they caused them in the world.
Mutaffifin ( Arabic: المطففين ) gets its name from the first verse, which reads, ” (Woe to those who provide less [than due],) where the phrase ” appears, which means “Defrauders.”)
Surah Mutaffifin read online
Where was Surah Mutaffifin revealed?
surah mutafifeen (Arabic: سورة مطففين ) comprises 36 verses and was revealed in Makkah. If a Muslim recites this Surah in his faraa’idh prayers, he will be saved from Jahannam, according to Imam Ja’far as-Sadiq (a.s.). He will not be able to see it, hear it, or even approach it. His deed accounts will not be taken.
The Holy Prophet (S) said that if this Surah is recited over a treasure, it will stay safe. In fact, reading it on anything will keep it safe from the Earth’s pests.
I Whoever recite this surah as part of his required salats. Allah would keep him from the fires of hell, he would not be interrogated, and he would not have to cross the bridge of torment; he would go straight to heaven after sipping cool, fragrant water.
If this surah is recited in the location where money, valuable objects, and documents are kept, Allah will ensure that they are safe from any disaster.
When was Surah Mutaffifin revealed?
The Surah’s style and subject matter plainly indicate that it was revealed at Makkah at the very beginning, when surah after surah was being revealed to impose the doctrine of the Hereafter on the people’s minds. This Surah was revealed when they began publicly mocking and defaming Muslims in the streets and in their meetings, although persecution and mistreatment of Muslims had not yet begun. Some scholars consider this to be a Madani Surah. This mistake stems from a narrative attributed to Ibn Abbas, according to which when the Holy Prophet (peace be upon him) came in Madinah, the practise of giving short weight and measure was popular.
The people began to give full weight and measure after Allah sent down Wayl ul-lil mutaffifin. (Shu’ab-il-Iman: Nasa’i, Ibn Majah, Ibn Marduyah, Ibn Jarir, Baihaqi) However, as we indicated in the introduction to Surah Ad-Dahr, the Companions and their successors had a frequent practice of saying that if a verse applied to a specific aspect of life, it had been sent down concerning that aspect of life. As a result, according to Ibn Abbas’ tradition, when the Holy Prophet (upon whom be peace) discovered that wrongdoing was common among the people in Madinah after his departure, he recited this Surah before them by Allah’s command, and this helped them mend their ways.
Why was Surah Mutaffifin revealed?
The Hereafter is the focus of this Surah as well. The people have been chastised in the first six verses for the pervasive wicked behavior in their economic dealings. They insisted that their due be paid in full when they had to receive it from others, but when they had to measure or weigh for others, they would provide less than what was due. It has been argued that this one evil, out of the innumerable evils that exist in society, is an unavoidable result of the Hereafter’s heedlessness. It was impossible for the people to understand that one day they would have to stand before God and account for every single act they had done in the world unless they recognized that they would have to appear before God and answer for every single act they had done in the world.
Is Surah Al Mutaffifin makki or madani?
The 83rd Surah, Al Mutaffifin, is located in the Holy Quran’s 30th Parah. This surat al mutaffifin is known as the “Makki” Surah because it has 36 verses, 180 words, and 743 letters. The hose Who Deal in Fraud is the title of this surah.
What is the main theme of Surah Al Mutaffifin?
The surah focuses on economic corruption and the harsh punishments that await those who illegally consume people’s rights.
Surah al-Infitar and Surah al-Mutaffifin have a relationship.
[82:19 The day when no soul shall possess anything for another soul and the command on that day shall belong to Allah,] Allah states in Surah al-Infitar, interpreting the meaning. This serves as a harsh warning to the wicked. [83:1 Woe to the defrauders!] says surat al mutaffifin. This is a warning against paying people less than their fair share and abusing their rights.
The horrors of the Day of Judgement are mentioned in both surahs. Furthermore, the angelic watchers over human beings who chronicle their deeds are mentioned in Surah al-Infitar, [82:10 Indeed, there are over you watchers, honorable, scribes who know what you do.] The angels’ writings are then stored in a book that contains no omissions, according to surah al-Mutaffifin. [83:20 It’s an inscription on a register
In both surahs, humans are split into two groups: the pious who will go to Paradise and the wicked who will go to Hell. The disobedient’s vile activities are described in Surah al-Mutaffifin, which include deceiving others and illegally consuming their rights.
Surah Mutaffifin benefits
God will grant the individual who recites Surah Mutaffifin a sip of sealed nectar on Qiyamah, according to the Holy Prophet (peace be upon him and his household).
Whoever becomes accustomed to reciting it in his required prayers, Allah will grant him security from the fire and the reckoning, and he will not walk over the way of torment, according to Ja’ar ibn Muhammad al-Sadiq (peace be upon him).
This chapter begins by issuing a warning to people who swindle others by selling them less than what their money is worth. It then goes on to discuss Qiyamah and the fate and outcome of believers and disbelievers, as well as their rewards and punishments, before concluding by describing how the tables will be turned on Qiyamah, and where the believers have been mocked by the disbelievers in the past, the opposite will be true on that day.
Hadith on Surah Al Mutaffifin
Abu Umamah reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace, and blessings be upon him, said, “Prayer followed by another prayer, without any vain talk in between, is written in the heavenly record.” (83:18)
Source: Sunan Abī Dāwūd 1288
How to Memorize Surah Mutaffifin?
“The best among you is the one who knows and teaches the Qur’an,” Bukhaaree is purported to have remarked.
This is an important element to remember because knowing why you want to memorize the Quran is useful before you begin.
From the beginning to the present, millions of Muslims have memorized the Quran. Some have offered the following suggestions for memorization:
- Always use the same print of the Quran.
- Keep track of your progress on a daily basis.
- Find the best time and place to learn and attempt to stick to it.
- Read the lesson to as many people as you can, including family and friends.
- Regularly review what you’ve already learned.
Do you want your kids to learn more about Online Quran Classes? Sign up for Top Quran Classes in the Islamic academy online with the Online Quran Classes program and watch them dive deeper into the Quran science and learn the Holy Book of Allah.
Top Quran Classes are online Quran classes for kids, Islamic studies for kids, and let your children learn the accurate Quran recitation and word pronunciation even if Arabic is not their first language.
Online Quran tuition learning can be challenging if you’re seeking it for your kids.
Top Quran Classes offers you a wide variety of topics to teach your children online.
Whether it’s Quran online, Arabic online, Tajweed, Ijazah, tafsir, Qirat, tajwid al Quran, and Islamic Studies. Top Quran Classes has your back with professional Quran tutors who are willing to go further with your kids’ education. With an attractive interface and well-structured lessons,
Top Quran Classes give you and your children the chance to learn with holyquranclasses who are going to be your kids’ new friends, accompanying them in their learning process and encouraging them to learn more.
Surah Al Mutaffifin Tafsir
mutaffifin surah discusses issues concerning religion. It also applies to several social principles, such as treating individuals with less respect than they deserve.
When interacting with humans, the Surah Mutafifeen delivers a harsh warning to those who defraud them.
The deeds of the wicked will be documented in the book of evil and their end will be Hell, whereas the deeds of the virtuous will be recorded in the book of good deeds and their end will be Paradise, according to the surah.
In worldly life, the surah mutafifeen mentions the attitude of the disbelievers toward the believers. They used to mock them for believing in Allah’s Oneness and His Messengers. However, in the afterlife, the roles will be reversed. The believers will chuckle at the unbelieving souls who will be tormented in Hell.
(Those who, when they have to receive by measure from men,) meaning, from among the people.
(demand full measure,) meaning, they take their right by demanding full measure and extra as well.
(And when they have to give by measure or weight to (other) men, give less than due.) meaning, they decrease. Verily, Allah commanded that the measure and weight should be given in full. He says in another Ayah,
(Do they not think that they will be resurrected, on a Great Day) meaning, do these people not fear the resurrection and standing before He Who knows the hidden matters and the innermost secrets, on a Day that contains great horror and tremendous fright Whoever loses on this Day will be made to enter into a blazing fire. Then Allah says,
(The Day when (all) mankind will stand before the Lord of all that exists) meaning, they will stand barefooted, naked, and uncircumcised at a station that will be difficult, hard, and distressful for the criminals. They will be covered by the command from Allah, and it will be that, which the strength and the senses will not be able to bare. Imam Malik reported from Nafi` who reported from Ibn `Umar that the Prophet said,
(Nay! Truly, the Record of the wicked is in Sijjin.) meaning, that their final destination and their abode will be in Sijjin, which is derived from the word prison (Sijn), and here it means straitened circumstances. Thus, Allah expresses the greatness of this matter, saying;
(And what will make you know what Sijjin is) meaning, it is a great matter, an eternal prison, and a painful torment. Some have said that it is beneath the seventh earth. It has been mentioned previously in the lengthy Hadith of Al-Bara’ bin `Azib that the Prophet said,
(A Register inscribed.) This is not an explanation of His statement,
(Woe, that Day, to those who deny.) meaning, when they come to the imprisonment, Allah threatened them with, the Day of Judgement, and the disgraceful torment. The statement, “Woe,” has already been discussed previously and there is no need to repeat it here. Basically, it means destruction and devastation. This is like what is said, “Woe to so-and-so.” This is similar to what has been recorded in the Musnad and the Sunan collections under the authority of Bahz bin Hakim bin Mu`awiyah bin Haydah,
الَّذِينَ يُكَذِّبُونَ بِيَوْمِ الدِّينِ
(Those who deny the Day of Recompense.) meaning, they do not believe it will happen, and they do not believe in its existence. Thus, they consider it a matter that is farfetched. Allah then says,
وَمَا يُكَذِّبُ بِهِ إِلاَّ كُلُّ مُعْتَدٍ أَثِيمٍ
(And none can deny it except every transgressor, sinner.) meaning, transgressive in his actions by doing that which is forbidden and exceeding the limits when acquiring the permissible. He is a sinner in his statements because he lies whenever he speaks, he breaks his promises whenever he makes them, and he behaves in an abusive and wicked manner whenever he argues. Concerning Allah’s statement,
إِذَا تُتْلَى عَلَيْهِ ءَايَـتُنَا قَالَ أَسَـطِيرُ الاٌّوَّلِينَ
(When Our Ayat are recited to him, he says: “Tales of the ancients!”) meaning, whenever he hears the Words of Allah from the Messenger, he denies them and has ill thoughts about them. Thus, he believes that it is a collection gathered from the books of the ancients. This is as Allah says
كَلاَّ بَلْ رَانَ عَلَى قُلُوبِهِمْ مَّا كَانُواْ يَكْسِبُونَ
(Nay! But on their hearts is the Ran (covering) which they used to earn.) meaning, the matter is not as they claim, nor as they say: “Verily, this Qur’an is tales of the ancients.” Rather, it is the Word of Allah, His inspiration, and His revelation to His Messenger. The only thing that blocked their hearts from believing in it is the dark covering cast over it from the many sins and wrongs they committed that have covered up their hearts. Thus, Allah says,
(Nay! Surely, they will be veiled from seeing their Lord that Day.) meaning, they will have a place on the Day of Judgement, and lodging in Sijjin. Along with this, they will be veiled from seeing their Lord and Creator on the Day of Judgement. Imam Abu `Abdullah Ash-Shafi`i said, “In this Ayah is a proof that the believers will see Him (Allah), the Mighty and Sublime, on that Day.” Concerning Allah’s statement,
(Then verily, they will indeed enter the burning flame of Hell.) meaning, along with this being prevented from seeing the Most Gracious, they will also be among the people of the Fire.
(Then, it will be said to them: “This is what you used to deny!”) (83:17) meaning, this will be said to them by way of scolding, rebuking, belittling, and humiliation.
كَلاَّ إِنَّ كِتَـبَ الاٌّبْرَارِ لَفِى عِلِّيِّينَ
(Nay! Verily, the Record of Al-Abrar (the righteous believers) is in `Illiyyin.) “This means Paradise.” Others besides him have said, “`Iliyyin is located at Sidrat Al-Muntaha.” The obvious meaning is that the word `Illiyyin is taken from the word `Uluw, which means highness. The more something ascends and rises, the more it becomes greater and increases. Thus, Allah magnifies its affair and extols its matter by saying,
وَمَآ أَدْرَاكَ مَا عِلِّيُّونَ
(And what will make you know what `Illiyyin is) Then He says by way of affirming what will be written for them,
كِتَـبٌ مَّرْقُومٌ يَشْهَدُهُ الْمُقَرَّبُونَ
(A Register inscribed. To which bear witness those nearest.) They are the angels. This was stated by Qatadah. Al-`Awfi reported from Ibn `Abbas that he said, “Those nearest to Allah in each heaven will witness it.” Then Allah says,
(Verily, Al-Abrar (the righteous believers) will be in Delight.) meaning, on the Day of Judgement they will be in eternal pleasure and gardens that contain comprehensive bounties.
(On thrones,) These are thrones beneath canopies from which they will be gazing. It has been said, “This means that they will be gazing at their kingdom and what Allah has given them of good and bounties that will not end or perish. It has also been said,
(On thrones, looking.) “This means that they will be looking at Allah, the Mighty and Sublime.” This is the opposite of what those wicked people have been described with,
تَعْرِفُ فِى وُجُوهِهِمْ نَضْرَةَ النَّعِيمِ
(You will recognize in their faces the brightness of delight.) meaning, `you will notice a glow of delight in their faces when you look at them.’ This is a description of opulence, decorum, happiness, composure, and authority that they will be experiencing from this great delight. Concerning Allah’s statement,
يُسْقَوْنَ مِن رَّحِيقٍ مَّخْتُومٍ
(They will be given to drink of pure sealed Rahiq.) meaning, they will be given a drink from the wine of Paradise. Ar-Rahiq is one of the names of the wine (in Paradise). Ibn Mas`ud, Ibn `Abbas, Mujahid, Al-Hasan, Qatadah and Ibn Zayd all said this. Ibn Mas`ud said concerning Allah’s statement,
(Sealed with musk,) “This means it will be mixed with musk.” Al-`Awfi reported from Ibn `Abbas that he said, “Allah will make the wine have a pleasant aroma for them, so the last thing that He will place in it will be musk. Thus, it will be sealed with musk.” Qatadah and Ad-Dahhak both said the same. Then Allah says
وَفِى ذَلِكَ فَلْيَتَنَافَسِ الْمُتَنَـفِسُونَ
(and for this let (all) those strive who want to strive.) meaning, for a situation like this, let the boasters boast, compete, and strive to gain more. Let the competitors compete and race toward the likes of this. This is similar to Allah’s statement,
وَمِزَاجُهُ مِن تَسْنِيمٍ
(It will be mixed with Tasnim.) meaning, this wine that is being described is mixed with Tasnim. This refers to a drink called Tasnim, and it is the most excellent and exalted drink of the people of Paradise. This was said by Abu Salih and Ad-Dahhak. Thus, Allah says,
عَيْناً يَشْرَبُ بِهَا الْمُقَرَّبُونَ
(A spring whereof drink those nearest to Allah.) (83:28) meaning, those who are near to Allah, will drink from it as they wish, and the companions of the right hand will be given a drink that is mixed with it. This has been said by Ibn Mas`ud, Ibn `Abbas, Masruq, Qatadah, and others
وَإِذَا انقَلَبُواْ إِلَى أَهْلِهِمْ انقَلَبُواْ فَكِهِينَ
(And when they returned to their own people, they would return jesting.) meaning, when these criminals turn back or return to their homes, they go back pleased. This means that whatever they request, they find it. Yet, with this, they still are not grateful for Allah’s favor upon them. Rather they busy themselves with despising and envying the believers.
وَإِذَا رَأَوْهُمْ قَالُواْ إِنَّ هَـؤُلاَءِ لَضَآلُّونَ
(And when they saw them, they said: “Verily, these have indeed gone astray!”) meaning, `because they are upon a religion other than their own religion.’ Allah then says,
وَمَآ أُرْسِلُواْ عَلَيْهِمْ حَـفِظِينَ
(But they were not sent as watchers over them.) meaning, these criminals have not been sent as guardians over the deeds and statements of these believers. These wrongdoers have not been made responsible for them. So, why are they so concerned with them, and why have they made them the focus of their attention This is as Allah says,
Surah Al Mutaffifin in English
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
1. Woe Unto the scrimpers:
2. Those who, when they take by measure from mankind, exact the full,
3. And who, when they measure Unto them or weigh for them, diminish.
4. Imagine such men not that they shall be raised up?
5. On a mighty Day.
6. A Day whereon mankind shall stand before the Lord of the worlds?
7. By no means! Verily the record of the ungodly is in Sijjin.
8. And what will make thee know whatsoever the record in Sijjin is?
9. A record of misdeeds written.
10. Woe on that Day unto the delivers-
11. Those who belie the Day of Requital.
12. And none belieth it save each trespasser, sinner.
13. And when Our revelations are rehearsed Unto him, she saith:´fables of the ancients!
14. By no means!´ Aye! encrusted upon their hearts is that which they have been earning.
15. By no means! Verily on that Day from their Lord, they will be shut out.
16. Then verily they will be roasted into the Scorch.
17. Then it will be said: ´this is that which ye were wont to belie.´
18. By no means! Verily the record of the virtuous shall be in ´Illiyun.
19. And what will make thee know whatsoever the record in Illiyun is?
20. A record of good deeds written.
21. To which bear witness those brought nigh.
22. Verily the virtuous shall be in Delight,
23. Reclining on couches, looking on.
24. Thou wilt recognize in their faces the brightness of delight.
25. They will be given to drink of pure wine, sealed.
26. The seal thereof will be of musk and to this end let the aspirers aspire –
27. And admixture thereof will be Water of Tasnim:
28. A fountain whereof will drink those brought nigh.
29. Verify those who have sinned were wont at those who had believed to laugh,
30. And, when they passed them, to wink at each other,
31. And when they returned to their household they returned jesting.
32. And when they saw them, they said: verily these are the strayed ones.
33. Whereas they were not sent over them as watchers.
34. Wherefore Today, those who believed in the infidels are laughing,
35. Reclining on couches, looking on.
36. The infidels have indeed been rewarded for that which they had been doing.
Surah Al Mutaffifin in roman English
Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem
- Wailul lil mutaffifeen
- Allazeena izak taaloo ‘alan naasi yastawfoon
- Wa izaa kaaloohum aw wazanoohum yukhsiroon
- Alaa yazunnu ulaaa’ika annahum mab’oosoon
- Li Yawmin ‘Azeem
- Yawma yaqoomun naasu li Rabbil ‘aalameen
- Kallaaa inna kitaabal fujjaari lafee Sijjeen
- Wa maa adraaka maa Sijjeen
- Kitaabum marqoom
- Wailuny yawma’izil lil mukazzibeen
- Allazeena yukazziboona bi yawmid deen
- Wa maa yukazzibu biheee illaa kullu mu’tadin aseem
- Izaa tutlaa’alaihi aayaatunaa qaala asaateerul awwaleen
- Kallaa bal raana ‘alaa quloobihim maa kaanoo yaksiboon
- Kallaaa innahum ‘ar Rabbihim yawma’izil lamah jooboon
- Summa innahum lasaa lul jaheem
- Summa yuqaalu haazal lazee kuntum bihee tukazziboon
- Kallaaa inna kitaabal abraari lafee’Illiyyeen
- Wa maaa adraaka maa ‘Illiyyoon
- Kitaabum marqoom
- Yashhadu hul muqarra boon
- Innal abraara lafee Na’eem
- ‘Alal araaa’iki yanzuroon
- Ta’rifu fee wujoohihim nadratan na’eem
- Yusqawna mir raheeqim makhtoom
- Khitaamuhoo misk; wa fee zaalika falyatanaafasil Mutanaafisoon
- Wa mizaajuhoo min Tasneem
- ‘Ainaiy yashrabu bihal muqarraboon
- Innal lazeena ajramoo kaanoo minal lazeena aamanoo yadhakoon
- Wa izaa marroo bihim yataghaamazoon
- Wa izan qalabooo ilaaa ahlihimun qalaboo fakiheen
- Wa izaa ra awhum qaalooo inna haaa’ulaaa’i ladaaal loon
- Wa maaa ursiloo ‘alaihim haafizeen
- Fal yawmal lazeena aamanoo minal kuffaari yadhakoon
- ‘Alal araaa’iki yanzuroon
- Hal suwwibal kuffaaru maa kaanoo yaf’aloon
Surah Mutaffifin in Arabic
1. وَيْلٌ لِلْمُطَفِّفِينَ
2. الَّذِينَ إِذَا اكْتَالُوا عَلَى النَّاسِ يَسْتَوْفُونَ
3. وَإِذَا كَالُوهُمْ أَوْ وَزَنُوهُمْ يُخْسِرُونَ
4. أَلَا يَظُنُّ أُولَٰئِكَ أَنَّهُمْ مَبْعُوثُونَ
5. لِيَوْمٍ عَظِيمٍ
6. يَوْمَ يَقُومُ النَّاسُ لِرَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ
7. كَلَّا إِنَّ كِتَابَ الْفُجَّارِ لَفِي سِجِّينٍ
8. وَمَا أَدْرَاكَ مَا سِجِّينٌ
9. كِتَابٌ مَرْقُومٌ
10. وَيْلٌ يَوْمَئِذٍ لِلْمُكَذِّبِينَ
11. الَّذِينَ يُكَذِّبُونَ بِيَوْمِ الدِّينِ
12. وَمَا يُكَذِّبُ بِهِ إِلَّا كُلُّ مُعْتَدٍ أَثِيمٍ
13. إِذَا تُتْلَىٰ عَلَيْهِ آيَاتُنَا قَالَ أَسَاطِيرُ الْأَوَّلِينَ
14. كَلَّا ۖ بَلْ ۜ رَانَ عَلَىٰ قُلُوبِهِمْ مَا كَانُوا يَكْسِبُونَ
15. كَلَّا إِنَّهُمْ عَنْ رَبِّهِمْ يَوْمَئِذٍ لَمَحْجُوبُونَ
16. ثُمَّ إِنَّهُمْ لَصَالُو الْجَحِيمِ
17. ثُمَّ يُقَالُ هَٰذَا الَّذِي كُنْتُمْ بِهِ تُكَذِّبُونَ
18. كَلَّا إِنَّ كِتَابَ الْأَبْرَارِ لَفِي عِلِّيِّينَ
19. وَمَا أَدْرَاكَ مَا عِلِّيُّونَ
20. كِتَابٌ مَرْقُومٌ
21. يَشْهَدُهُ الْمُقَرَّبُونَ
22. إِنَّ الْأَبْرَارَ لَفِي نَعِيمٍ
23. عَلَى الْأَرَائِكِ يَنْظُرُونَ
24. تَعْرِفُ فِي وُجُوهِهِمْ نَضْرَةَ النَّعِيمِ
25. يُسْقَوْنَ مِنْ رَحِيقٍ مَخْتُومٍ
26. خِتَامُهُ مِسْكٌ ۚ وَفِي ذَٰلِكَ فَلْيَتَنَافَسِ الْمُتَنَافِسُونَ
27. وَمِزَاجُهُ مِنْ تَسْنِيمٍ
28. عَيْنًا يَشْرَبُ بِهَا الْمُقَرَّبُونَ
29. إِنَّ الَّذِينَ أَجْرَمُوا كَانُوا مِنَ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا يَضْحَكُونَ
30. وَإِذَا مَرُّوا بِهِمْ يَتَغَامَزُونَ
31. وَإِذَا انْقَلَبُوا إِلَىٰ أَهْلِهِمُ انْقَلَبُوا فَكِهِينَ
32. وَإِذَا رَأَوْهُمْ قَالُوا إِنَّ هَٰؤُلَاءِ لَضَالُّونَ
33. وَمَا أُرْسِلُوا عَلَيْهِمْ حَافِظِينَ
34. فَالْيَوْمَ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا مِنَ الْكُفَّارِ يَضْحَكُونَ
35. عَلَى الْأَرَائِكِ يَنْظُرُونَ
36. هَلْ ثُوِّبَ الْكُفَّارُ مَا كَانُوا يَفْعَلُونَ
Surah Mutaffifin Summary
The passages in this section Surah mutaffifin demonstrate, to a degree, the pious’ high status in God’s eyes and their blissful life in Heaven. They claim that today’s good deeds will be mocked by disbelievers, who will shortly laugh at them and see their punishment.
- The soul takes shape as a result of evil activities.
- These shapes obstruct the perception of the truth and act as a barrier between it and man’s spirit.
- According to man’s original nature, his soul possesses goodness and radiance that enables it to comprehend the truth as it is and to separate it from untruth and evil.