What is Tajweed of Quran? Tajweed rules or the science of intonation in Islam is a science by which you know how to pronounce the words of the Qur’an, as pronounced by the Prophet Muhammad bin Abdullah.
It is taken orally from a sheik or professor who has a license to teach Quran tajweed rules. The beginning of the science of tajweed rules chart was when the Islamic state expanded in the third century of migration when errors and melody increased in the Qur’an due to the entry of many non-Arabs into Islam.
The scholars of the Qur’an only began to write down the provisions and rules of intonation. It is said that the first person to compile the knowledge of intonation in a book was Imam Abu Obaid al-Qasim bin Salam in the third century AH in his book called the Book of Readings.
What are all the Tajweed rules?
Basic tajweed rules are divided into many types, and the list of tajweed rules is as follows:
Rulings for seeking refuge and basmalah
Seeking refuge is a recommended Sunnah, and it is required when reciting the Book of Allah – the Highest – even though it is not from it. And when you read the Qur’an, seek Allah’s protection from the accursed Satan.
As for the basmalah; It is saying “In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful,” and it must be read by Imam Hafs at the beginning of every surah except for Surat al-Tawbah
Rulings of the nun sakna and tanween
The nun sanikin or tanween in the case of the nominative, accusative, and preposition has four rulings, which are as follows: Idgham: is defined in language: it is the insertion of something into something.
Technically: it is the meeting of a consonant letter with a voweled letter, so that they become a stressed letter like the second, and the tongue rises when it is brought up by one height, and the nun in the consonant or the tanween is merged if one of the following letters occurs after it: yaa, ra, mim, lam, waw, and nun. It was collected in the word (Yarmlon), and it is divided into incomplete and complete immersion. Allah – the Highest – said in Surah Al-Baqarah:
Al-iqlab: Al-iqlab in the language comes with the meaning of turning something from its face. It is the baa, and it comes in a word, as Allah Almighty’s saying: (It grows), and it comes in two words, such as the Almighty’s saying: (Hearing and Seeing).
Declaring: in the language, in the sense of eloquence, but idiomatically: it is taking out a letter from its exit without a ghana, and the six letters of manifestation are: hamza, haa, eye, ha, ghain, and kha, and they are called the halaq letters. With the manifestation of the letter that comes after them independent of them, as Allah Almighty says: (Equal to anyone).
ikhfa rules tajweed
: Ikhfa linguistically: to conceal. As for idiomatically: it is the pronunciation of a non-stressed consonant, and it is an adjective between manifestation and dwarfism, with the chant remaining in the first letter by two vowels. Al-Kaf, Al-Dhaad, Al-Za’i, T’a, Dal, Al-Ta’, and Al-Fa’, for example, is the Almighty’s saying: (About their prayers).
Rulings of the consonant meme
The consonant meme has three rulings, which are as follows: Oral assimilation: It is that the consonant meme in a meme is mixed into a movable like meme located at the beginning of the second word, so they become one stressed meme, and it is called an oral or symmetrical combination, taking into account the full pronunciation of the melody.
Oral concealment: The meem is hidden if it occurs at the beginning of the word after the letter ba. Oral manifestation: It is the manifestation of the meem if any letter of the alphabet occurs after it except the meem and the ba, and it is more pronounced with the waw and the fa.
The aggravated meme and nun rulings: The aggravated meme and nun are obligatory in the case of wasl and endowment, and whether it occurs in the middle or at the end of a word, and the extent of the meme is two movements.
Rulings of assimilation
It is the insertion of a consonant letter with a vowel after it, by deleting the consonant and emphasizing the vowel. One word or two consecutive words.
Mixing homogeneous: It is when the two consecutive letters are united in the exit from the mouth, and differ in some characteristics, and this is limited to seven letters, namely: taa with taa, taa with ta, dal with ta, taa with dal, dal with da’, and ba with meem.
Combining the converging ones: It is the convergence of the two successive letters in the narrator and the adjective, and it is limited to two letters, namely: Lam with Ra, and Qaf with Kaf.
The provisions of amplification and thinning: Linguistically, amplification is fattening and thickening, and technically: it is a state of strength and obesity that affects the letter when pronouncing it, so the mouth is filled with its echo.
Rulings and characteristics of the letters’ mukharajat
There are seventeen mukhājīfs for the letters, and the origins of the mukhāraj are traced back to five main ones: the hollow, the throat, the tongue, the lips, and the gills.
The well-known of them are nineteen adjectives, namely: whispering, loudness, softness, severity, between softness and severity, arrogance, arrogance, openness, occlusion, eloquence, silences, whistling, restlessness, elongation, softness, elongation, deviation, pervasiveness, and repetition.
The provisions of endowment and initiation
The provisions of endowment and initiation are divided into two parts, and they are as follows: Endowment: the endowment linguistically; Imprisonment and abstinence, as technically:
it cuts off the sound from reciting for a short period of time to breathe in it and then re-read, and the endowment is permissible unless there is something preventing it or obligating the endowment.
And the sections of the endowment are four, namely: The emergency endowment: which is presented to the reader during his reading of sneezing, coughing, or shortness of breath, and it is a permissible endowment. Test endowment: It is the endowment that is in the place of education, and is for clarifying rulings, or answering a question.
The waiting endowment
It is the endowment in which the reader wants to collect more than one narration from the readings. Voluntary endowment: It is for the reader to stop at the Qur’anic word of his own free will, and without incident, and it is either a complete, sufficient, good, or ugly endowment.
Tajweed rules qalqalah
The qalqalah is known as the initiation of the beginning of the recitation, and the initiation comes in two types, namely: a permissible type at the beginning of the recitation: it is a good beginning with an independent speech so that it leads to a complete meaning that Allah Almighty willed.
An impermissible type at the beginning of the reading: It is an ugly beginning with words that corrupt the meaning, and change it without what Allah Almighty wanted.
How long does it take to learn Tajweed?
We cannot specify a specific period of time for the completion of the holy Quran with tajweed rules. Rather, the time period varies from one person to another, according to how quickly he understands the rules. It is worth noting that you cannot stop reading and contemplating the science of intonation, but the journey of research will continue to be extended with you.
How do you memorize Tajweed rules?
The Messenger of Allah – may Allah prayers and peace be upon him – used to recite the Noble Qur’an, and present it to the Companions – may Allah be pleased with them – with the provisions of intonation, and so were the reciters of every age; And the rules of intonation remained received with the Holy Qur’an from the mouths of the elders.
Among the most common ways of learning to memorize the holy quran with tajweed rules are the following:
- Using the teacher’s Qur’an and listening to Tajweed lessons.
- Use the applications of Tajweed sciences, whether they are audible or read.
- Resorting to what is known as electronic readers, or making use of modern means of communication in a correct manner; To reach the masters of recitation of the Qur’an, and to seek help and assistance from them as Allah loves and is pleased with.
- Reading and learning from theoretical books, including books on the provisions of recitation and intonation, including modern books and old ones.
And what is available in the form of an electronic version on the Internet, but it is worth noting that these methods are used in the event of an inability to learn the Holy Qur’an from A good old man.
How do I teach my child Tajweed?
The basic principle is to learn the Qur’an with tajweed at the hands of a skilled sheik. If that becomes difficult, we resort to the nearest alternative, which is to listen to the tajweed episodes and their lessons, and their applications, both visual and audible.
It is also possible to seek help from the teacher’s Qur’an, participate in electronic readers, or communicate with some of the masters of tajweed rules
on modern means of communication. But the sheik should not be abandoned if he is found.
Do you want your kids to learn more about Online tajweed Quran Classes? Sign up for Top Quran Classes in the Islamic academy online with the Online Quran Classes program and watch them dive deeper into the science of tajweed and learn the Holy Book of Allah.
Top Quran Classes are online Quran classes for kids, Islamic studies for kids, and let your children learn the accurate Quran recitation and word pronunciation even if Arabic is not their first language.
Online Quran tuition learning can be challenging if you’re seeking it for your kids.
Top Quran Classes offers you a wide variety of topics to teach your children online.
Top Quran Classes experienced live tutor ( best quran teachers , male Quran teacher & online female Quran tutor ). They have many years of experience in Teaching Arabic online and the Quran online to non-Arabic speakers.
Top Quran Classes has your back with professional Quran tutors who are willing to go further with your kids’ education. With an attractive interface and well-structured lessons,
Top Quran Classes give you and your children the chance to learn with holyquranclasses who are going to be your kids’ new friends, accompanying them in their learning process and encouraging them to learn more.
What does small Meem mean in Quran?
The endowment on the small meme in the Qur’an that is placed above the word is necessary, meaning that the reader must stop at it and start reading again with the words that follow, and it is drawn in the form: (m), and it was mentioned in several places in the Qur’an, including His saying – the Highest – “Only those who hear respond, and the dead are answered, and the dead are resurrected by Allah, and then to Him will they return to Him.
Is it compulsory to recite Quran with Tajweed?
Learning Quran tajweed rules is a duty for those who are able to learn, and therefore if you are able to learn these rules, you must learn them according to your ability.
As for your readings without basic tajweed rules, if there is an apparent melody and a mistake that changes the meaning, then you are sinning, and you have to stop reading until you learn the tajweed rules chart of correct recitation if you are able to do so.
Is it important to read Quran with Tajweed?
The introduction of the list of tajweed rules meaning: (the application of its provisions), in practice when reading the “Holy Qur’an” it’s ruling in Islamic law (required by Sharia), and some scholars such as Ibn Al-Jazari, – one of the senior scholars of reading – sees that its introduction is an individual duty, on every responsible person.
In addition to the above, learning the science of Tajweed has great merit. The most important things that fall into the merit of learning this science can be summarized as follows:
- A means of preserving the tongue and protecting it from mistakes that fall under the name of the clear melody when reading the Noble Qur’an.
- A means that helps to contemplate the verses of Allah- the Highest – and to reflect on His words – the Almighty – and to meditate on the purposes and meanings of the noble verses, and it was mentioned in the words of Allah – the Blessed and Almighty – in the precise text of His Noble Qur’an in Surah S. And let people of understanding remember).
- Learning color-coded Quran tajweed rules; is one of the ways to understand the axes of the Arabic language, and strengthen its pronunciation, thus correcting the distortion of the tongue, and strengthening the person’s ability and his ability to pronounce the classical Arabic language.
Thus, the Arabic language is revived, and to better understand the link between the science of intonation and the Arabic language; It is noteworthy that the topics of readings and the sciences of intonation are at the heart of the Arabic language.
As they are linguistic topics, as is the case when studying the topic of Hamzat al-Wasl and Hamzat al-Kut’, as well as the topic of inclination, and many others, mastering these topics requires mastery of the Arabic language and mastery of its pronunciation.
- The Prophet – may Allah’s prayers and peace be upon him – took many fields to teach and teach intonation, in order to consolidate the understanding of this science in more than one way.
- The Prophet – may Allah’s prayers and peace be upon him – followed this method; Evidence of the virtue of the science of intonation and its importance. As for the methods that the Prophet – may God’s prayers and peace be upon him – used to teach and spread it; Including: reading the Noble Qur’an aloud.
- So that those around him of the Companions – may Allah be pleased with them – and of the people hear it, especially in the congregational prayer, this is in addition to the fact that the Prophet – may Allah’s prayers and peace be upon him – used to raise his voice in individual recitation as well.
- There is no doubt that this matter had a purpose, and among those purposes; Teaching people how to read the Qur’an properly, and one of his methods – peace, and blessings be upon him – as well as the education sessions that he used to hold and ensure their continuity.
- It is worth noting that the Companions – may Allah Almighty be pleased with them – all transmitted these methods from the Messenger of Allah – may Allah’s prayers and peace be upon him – and followed them, and taught their students the importance of reciting the Noble Quran with recitation, and in the correct manner.
- And they emphasized that the intent of reciting the Qur’an is to contemplate it and not to recite it in the abstract.
- It was reported on the authority of Abdullah bin Masoud – may Allah be pleased with him – that he said to a Qur’an that had been decorated: “The best of what is decorated with the Mushaf is its recitation with the truth.”
- Therefore, it is necessary for a Muslim to follow the example of the Prophet – may Allah’s prayers and peace be upon him – and the companions after him.
how many tajweed rules are there?
The number of tajweed rules is 4, which are:
Rulings on nun sakina and tanween.
The aggravated provisions of the nun and the meem (n, m.
Provisions of the static meme (concealment – adjective – unfolding.
The extension (original extension, sub extension, link extension, maxim extension, empowerment extension, soft extension.
tajweed rules is a science that studies the rules for correcting recitation; The Prophet, may Allah’s prayers and peace be upon him, read the holy Quran with tajweed rules to recite the Qur’an in good manners, without needing rules; Because he was a rude Arab, and so were his companions.
So when the non-Arabs began to enter Islam, error began to appear in the Arabic language, and thus in the recitation of the Qur’an, so the companions realized that, and feared that the recitation of the Qur’an would be lost, so they began to write down the basic tajweed rules.